- Version 0.3.2 (June 30th, 2003)
- Version 0.3.1 (January 31th, 2002)
- Version 0.3.0 (June 2000, not released)
- Version 0.2.6 (December 11th, 1999)
- Version 0.2.5 (June 20th, 1999)
- Version 0.2.4 (January 26th, 1999 - linux v2.2 released today)
- Version 0.2.3a (January 15th, 1999)
- Version 0.2.3 (September 12th, 1998)
- Version 0.2.2 (August 24th, 1998)
- Version 0.2.1 (August 18th, 1998)
- Version 0.2.0 (August 13th, 1998)
- Version 0.1.1 (August 8th, 1998)
Version 0.3.2 (39. June 2003)
- Almost a real KDE3 application.
Version 0.3.1 (31. January 2002)
- Prerelease for KDE2 (Documentation not fully adjusted).
- The "highscore"-file is no longer been created by the installation, but as soon as
the hall of fame has been entered.
The path (directory/filename) could be specified in the configfile.
If the systemwide "highscore"-file is not writable, a private file in the
home-directory of the user is used and a corresponding message is shown.
Version 0.3.0 (June 2000, not released)
mode implemented (mighty modification) !
- Automatic Pause/Continue in Back/Foreground, for Kevin Forge
(he has the idea for Ms.Pacman too) integrated. This options can be changed using
- Portuguese translation by Sérgio Fernandes.
- Animation of the energizers und blinking of active player ("1UP") added.
- Flickering during editing the hall of fame by changing the focus
- The mousecursor could be hidden/shown while over the playground,
thru the menubar.
- The boardlayout (map) could be placed in external textfiles and selected
thru the configfile (kpacmanrc) if needed.
- Duplicate pixmaps removed. Because all pixmapfiles could be specified
thru the configfile now, pixmaps could be placed in foreign (scheme)-directories
(EyesPixmapName=../tiny/eyes.xpm), or have different names
- After eating the last dot, the first pixmap of the last/current direction
is shown. The initial pixmap of the north/up-direction was displayed so far.
Version 0.2.6 (December 11th, 1999)
- Swedish translation of some text (unfortunately incomplete) by Johne.
- By the use of special charaters (umlauts) in the swedish version, the whole
font-handling had to be rearranged.
- The fonts contains (nearly) the full ISO-Latin1 characterset (no lowercase
- Alignment functions built into the display routines.
- No further use of xbm-fonts, therefore pbm-files were used as fonts (they
need less space, even they contains much more characters).
- All textelements added to the localisation (i18n). So strings like "GAME
OVER" or "READY!" could be translated into any language.
- The documentation and programm now contains my brandnew email-address.
Version 0.2.5 (June 20th, 1999)
- Displaying of the hall of fame changed, hopefully this fix some rare bugs.
Use lower/raise- instead of former used hide/show-functions to switch display.
- The file used for HighScore storage, will be set to worldwriteable (chmod
666) during installation. Thru this "normal" users could store their highscores
- Levels entended upto 13 (LevelPixmaps, Score), by the higher scores, the
fonts (for displaying the scored points) had to be extended too. The scores
could be variable (in the range from 10 to 9000, only the leading digit
can be not 0. exception 1600 ) now. The pixmap for the score could be larger
than the actual figure itself.
- Because there is not enough room to show 13 levelsymbols in the statusline,
the position of the symbol can be specified by the
- The default-Speed of the monsters kept constant althrough higher levels,
requested by Gerald Williams.
- Update-routines (display) optimized.
- The documentation and programm now contains my new email-address.
Version 0.2.4 (January 26th, 1999 - linux v2.2 released today)
- Added the hall of fame to store the highscores. For this, the structure
of the bitfonts was extented to contain furthermore characters, the special-characters
(small scores during the game) moved to the control-character-region and
the fonthandling was enhanced (FontFirstChar and FontLastChar can be stored
in the Configfile).
- The size of the labels in the "Change Keys..."-dialog were set manually,
cause the autoResize-function in the qt-libs didn't work correctly in all
- The menuitems are more sensitive to the actual availiable functions (disabled/enabled
- Now, also in the "MIDWAY (large)"-scheme the smoother font-smooth.xbm font
is used by default.
- The files for the internationalization moved to represent the new standard
Version 0.2.3a (January 15th, 1999)
- Keyboard-routines changed to be compatible with the KDE 1.1 libraries (compiles
with 1.0 and 1.1).
- A small bug fixed in kpacman.cpp (CHECK_PTR( menuBar )).
Version 0.2.3 (September 12th, 1998)
- Slowed down the movement of the monsters in the prison, and fixed a bug
that kept the monsters moving slowly after the "harmless"-phase of the
- Added a new font "font-smooth" and smoothed the pixmap "wall.xpm" for the
- Enhanced configuration of all timing-parameters using the
- Changed Help-function (kapp->getHelpMenu) to reflect the KDE-Standard.
- Improved the documentation (Many thanks to Andreas Pour).
Version 0.2.2 (August 24th, 1998)
- Localized the sources and added a German translation of the documentation.
- Fixed bug so pixmaps and bitfonts could located correctly after using the
- Changed the location of the files (sources, pixmaps, docs etc.) to reflect
the recommeded structure of kapptemplate v0.1.
Version 0.2.1 (August 18th, 1998)
- Improved the timing (it's not perfect yet), and I hope Andreas Pour will
have more fun testing the next version.
- Increased flexibility in handling the pixmaps.
Version 0.2.0 (August 13th, 1998)
- Added (preliminary) graphic scheme support.
Version 0.1.1 (August 8th, 1998)